Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Little Bump in the Road......

I was so excited to get home from work yesterday to start on some fabric projects...I have several I've been dreaming of...but to my dismay and Miss Bear's (see lovely dog in previous post) we had to make an emergency visit to the Vet. I had arrived home to find her shaking like a leaf, hardly able to walk and eyes rapidly moving from side to side....I freaked and called the Vet and told them I was on my way...of course I was alone and had to figure how to get my girl into the car (bad shoulder and 60lbs)...but where there is a will there is a way! Of course there were no conclusions yesterday so we had to watch her close for seizures and/or other issues overnight. We have to carry her up and down stairs and outside to use the facilities, as well as help her eat/drink (she can't see the bowls correctly). We found out tonight that she has Peripheral Vestibular Syndrome, we are told in most cases it clears up in a few days but it could possibly be weeks. She is wagging her tail like a sweet girl but is still a little woozy...kinda like a drunken sailor! There is nothing medically we can do for her at this point, all we can do is treat her with lots O'Love and TLC...saying a little prayer and crossing fingers and toes!!

On a positive note....I have picked out my starter fabric for the Intuition Quilt15 minute play at Bumble Beans Inc. It looks a little flame-like but it really is deep red roses. I just love it....now what to do with it....

I had a little time to iron some of my bright fabrics for another project. I really like being able to iron in the kitchen and help the kids with their homework at the same time. It is not glamorous but very practical (the board could be bigger but it wouldn't fit on the stove then...it'll have to do). To go along with the terrific fabric, I got my new book in the mail, Word Play Quilts by Tonya Ricucci. I love the different ideas on playing with letter fabric blocks. I'm itching to get started...just need things a little calmer on the homefront....maybe tomorrow....








No comments:

Post a Comment