Sunday, January 23, 2011

Believe in Your Dreams!!

<b>Secretariat</b>Yesterday, we took the boys to see the movie Secretariat. We've been wanting to go ever since we saw the previews and we just finally got the chance (we were also happy it was at the "cheap" theatre - $2.50 each for the matinee--bonus!).  I was very impressed with the way they presented this true story. It showed a strong woman who was following her dream and doing what she believed was right.  This was especially interesting because it took place at a time of transition for women and in the south where the transition was even more challenging.

Of course, the horses were also magnificent to watch. Note: Secretariat (aka "Big Red") was played by many horses but one horse is from a WI farm, Cyclone Larry.  He played some of the calmer non-running parts. I thought that was pretty cool...what a lovely horse (er horses)!!) 

This is a movie that can be enjoyed by all generations. Our boys were really interested in the horses and the races, I loved the strong characters and the message behind the story and the older lady I met in the bathroom gave it a big thumbs up for overall entertainment!! What a thoroughly enjoyable movie!!

I think I need to buy a big fancy hat and go to the Kentucky Derby....it's on my bucket list now!!

Today, it's off to my parent's house to watch the Packers vs. Bears playoff game. I think it will be similar to Secretariat...cheering for our favorites and hoping they will cross the finish line first! Go Pack!!

Go Live Your Dreams!!!!!

"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” George Bernard Shaw

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” Harriet Tubman





No comments:

Post a Comment